March 1st marked two years of nannying my triplets! I can clearly remember the first day I walked into their home to meet them for the very first time. The two years since have flown by! There really aren't words to detail how grateful I am that our paths crossed at just the right time. They've not only provided me with a job that has allowed me to spend this season at home, but have become family and friends that I love from the depths of my heart.
Coming into this job after spending so many years doing full-time volunteer work, I knew it would be an adjustment. This family has done such a great job of easing that transition! They are always quick to reassure me that I'm needed and appreciated. That makes all the difference for me - being able to wake up each morning, knowing that there's a need I must go fill. I love the exhaustion and fulfillment that comes at the end of the day. I love that my sleeves are always covered in snot. I love that there is never a shortage of cheeks or necks or toes to kiss.
To celebrate my workiversary, we headed for the zoo! You guys, Nashville has one of the greatest zoos ever. Nashville is just the best! The temps soared to the high 70s and I donned a pair of capris for the first time this year. This was the girls' first visit to the zoo since last fall, so it was extra fun to see how much they've grown since. They were able to recognize the animals and loved making note of what each animal was eating. They seemed to get a lot more out of the whole experience than ever before.
The first stop was the monkeys. When you ask the girls about them, the word they'll use to describe them is "loud". Yes, so loud. You can hear them whooping from the parking lot.
They thought the meerkats were hilarious.
They LOVE the reptile building. They're now big enough to be able to step up to each window on their own and search for each hidden snake, frog or turtle.
Fish are just so exciting! Seriously, they talked a mile a minute while watching them!
Flamingos are pink and stand on one leg.
I had a brave moment and decided to try letting them out of the stroller to walk for a while. They all did so good! They listened to my instructions and stayed right with me.
For reals. The Nashville Zoo is totally better than Disney's Animal Kingdom safari ride.
Annabelle had been looking for the "long necks" all day! It was so fun to watch her as she recognized them!
This is not something you see every day! The zoo is adding a dino exhibit that will open later this month. We rounded a corner to find this T-Rex being lowered into the woods.
Not only is the Nashville Zoo the best, but they also have the best playground!
They each had to kiss this hippo about seven times before we could leave.
I walked them to the top of this tall twisty slide and jokingly asked if they'd like to go down, knowing full well that there was no way they'd go into this dark tunnel. To my complete surprise, they tried it! And loved it! This occupied the next twenty minutes.
We enjoyed a nice snack of goldfish crackers and raisins and hit the road for home. I hope the girls had as much fun as I did, because I had a wonderful day! Can't wait for our next visit! The day ended with an extra special delivery...
...workiversary flowers! See what I mean? This family had already given me the amazing gift of allowing me to spend such a fun day with such sweet girls, and then this!? They are too good to me!
