Friday, March 16, 2012

High Five for Friday!

Photobucket

Stopping in to share five highlights from my week!



1.  A new album from Dave Barnes was released this week!  That got a big HOORAY from me!  I think you need to own this, too.  He is one of my absolute favorites.  My head is bobbing along to it as I type. 

2.  This week has been Spring Break, which brought Nonna and Pop Pop to town and meant the big boys were home from school to play with us!   We visited the zoo.  We traveled to the aquarium.  And we all had appointments with "the doctors."




Petting stingrays!

Quick stop in Antarctica!






Examining a pretty butterfly.

Notice the pink cars in the background.  Those were our rides.




3.  My Mom made the girls these super sweet bunny vests.  She sewed pockets onto the front for them to carry all their little trinkets around in, and hid a special necklace and bracelet in each.  The material in the lining of each vest is in each of their colors - green for Hattie, pink for Mazie, and purple for Annabelle.  When Hattie woke from her nap today, the first thing she said to me was, "coat, coat!"  - her word for the vest.  I slipped it on her and she began hopping around like a bunny!



4.  I'm still giggling at these handmade "Hey, girl..." photos.  There's one for every craft I complete!


5.  When I'd introduce myself to youngins in China, they'd all mention Nicole Kidman right away.  I think she was the only Nicole they had heard of, before me.   In one of my high school classes, I was excited to find an article about Nicole Kidman in their English textbook.  I had a fun time elaborating with that lesson.  They thought it was extra cool to know that both Nicoles now live in Nashville.  One of my students wrote an article in the school paper about me that went something like, "Our teacher is kind and caring, just like Nicole Kidman.  Our teacher is smart and talented, just like Nicole Kidman.  Our teacher is beautiful, just like Nicole Kidman."  Of course I'm saving it for all time!  So this week  in my ELL class, I brought The Great Nicole Kidman Lesson Plan back to life.  It wasn't met with as much enthusiasm this time around. 




What about you?  What things in your week have deserved a high five?

Don't forget to set your leprechaun traps tonight, friends!