Tuesday, August 23, 2011
"Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me", by Ian Morgan Cron
This was a story unlike any I've ever read. Ian Morgan Cron did an absolutely marvelous job of retelling his life's journey in Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me - A Memoir...of sorts. My heart broke for the childhood Ian, who grew up in a privileged home with an alcoholic father. His growing years were filled with turmoil as he struggled with his own addiction and hurts from family members, but somehow felt a spiritual pull that eventually helped him turn his story around.
Ian has such a way with words that really make his story come to life. It was easy to be transported into the places and events that shaped this man's life, and impossible to not feel the heartache and joys alongside him. One page would bring tears while the next would bring a deep belly laugh. I appreciated his honest storytelling, making me feel like I could sit down to coffee with him and share my own story in return.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

