Monday, April 11, 2011

"The Final Summit", by Andy Andrews



The Final Summit is Andy Andrews' conclusion to The Traveler’s Gift. I have not read the first book, but it wasn't too hard to jump in where he left off. In the story, humanity is on a fast-track to destruction after years and years of straying from it's original purpose. David Ponder, the story's main character, must find the solution and save them.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of fiction, but the neat thing about this story is how it weaves true stories from history and brings them to life. As David Ponder seeks to find the answer to helping humanity, these historical figures share with him about the adversity that each of them faced in their lifetime. What a great way to combine fiction and history and use it to think through how we tackle obstacles we are facing now!




Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this e-book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”