Saturday, February 25, 2012

Waking up to smiles.

I like to make little felt flowers and fabric rosette hair clips for my triplets, so for Valentine's Day, I decided to branch out a bit. I tried attaching the rosettes to giant bobby pins and hair elastics, and they actually turned out pretty neat.

I made individual goody bags for each of my homeschool girls from the foster home, each with several handmade hair accessories and a long handwritten Valentine's Day card.  I bundled them all up together in a big package, thoroughly covered the outside in heart stamps, and sent it on it's way.

This morning when I opened my Facebook feed, this photo was waiting for me.

Modeling their new hair accessories.

Be still my heart! I love them so much it hurts! I wish I could be in so many places at once. I'm missing them tremendously right now.

Last weekend, I took the triplets' two older brothers out on a date. Though I see them on a daily basis, we don't ever get to spend real quality time together. We went out for pizza and followed it up with cosmic bowling. Alec got a strike and closed out the game with the highest score. Wyatt got some awesome rolls in and it was always so fun to see the look of excitement on his face after knocking down a few pins. On the way out, they twisted my arm into letting them do the bungee jump thing. It was worth it - they were so proud of themselves.


Wyatt getting hooked in.

Alec in the white shirt at the top, and Wyatt in the background in green.

This week, the girls and I took a field trip to the always fun Discovery Center.  They had a new Tinker Toy exhibit upstairs.  It was a big hit with us all.







It's now time for a restful weekend - putting away laundry, writing lesson plans, and eating popcorn.  Life is full and well.