Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes tells the fun story of long-distance penpals, Summer and Noelle. Life's difficult circumstances provided the perfect opportunity for the two friends to finally meet in person. After years of sharing life together via letters, they discovered how sweet it is to have a treasured friend by your side.

This was the first novel I had read from the Sisterchicks series, written by Robin Jones Gunn. When I noticed the book was set in the Netherlands, I knew I wanted to read it! I've flown into Amsterdam a few times - the views of the fields, canals and tulips have always made my heart long to spend more time there. The author did an excellent job of transporting me back, making me feel the moist air and hear the unfamiliar sounds of a foreign land. I can't wait to get my hands on other books in this series!



I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.