My last look at China occured as I walked across the tarmac last Monday night. I had to tuck my head down as I heaved my heavy carry-ons up the stairway onto the plane, while the frigid night air blasted my face. My first leg of the journey, from Beijing to Los Angeles, was a quick thirteen hours. I took a Dramamine and was asleep in no time. I passed on the in-flight meal services as I was looking forward to a fabulous breakfast/dinner in LA.
I had seven hours to entertain myself at LAX. After an easy pass through customs, the officer stamped my passport and said, 'Welcome home.' Yes. I was home! My next quest was to search out the spot for the ceremonial first meal on US soil. A few blocks down Sepulveda Blvd. I hit hamburger heaven - In N Out!
After consuming my American-delight, I returned to LAX to resume my wait. I had just settled into a seat near my departure gate when a familiar face strolled by. It was Fran Drescher!
My next flight took me from Los Angeles up to Chicago. The whole plane settled into a quiet sleep, while I was feeling as if my day had just begun. I watched the movie 'Up' and listened to a couple podcasts, and before I knew it we were touching down in the Windy City just as the sun was rising.
I had just enough time to make it to my next flight and was on my way to my final destination - Nashville! Seeing the Hatch Show Prints lining the walls as I walked down the corridor at BNA was a sweet sight, but nothing was sweeter than turning the corner at Tootsie's and seeing my folks' faces!
Being back has been wonderful and wierd. Everything feels strange. I feel out of place. Things look familiar, but feel new. Doing laundry has never been so fun!
Yesterday, for our Thanksgiving treat, we went to see 'The Blind Side.' If you haven't heard about this movie, please watch the trailer below and consider going.
There are so many that need a family. Please pray that I'd find my place to make a difference here in Nashville. It's good to be home!
