Oh, blogspot! I've all but abandoned you!
This website, along with a whole array of others, has now been blocked for almost a month. A techie highschooler taught me about a web browser I could download that would allow me to access the sites which are currently blocked, and it's been a lifesaver. (YouTube has been blocked since March, and I'm so thankful that I don't have to try surviving without it any longer!) So while I do now have access to blogspot, I've also felt a bit leery about posting. Not knowing much about computers myself, I don't want to risk anything just by being ignorant. So if anyone asks, just pretend I'm not here. :)
We currently have a family of four staying with us for five weeks and a couple of ladies who are here for two weeks. They've been working super hard to put the finishing touches on the new foster home! That's right, the kiddos are moving a few houses down the block. They'll now be on my left, in what we're calling 'the White House.' The house has been completely transformed from it's cement shell in just the short time that I've been here. Today I helped trim the pink border in one of the girls' rooms, and by the end of the week they should all be moving in! Woohoo! Once they're out of their current house, construction will begin on the new therapy pool. They're pretty excited about the idea of swimming in their old living room!
The summer heat has hit! If you know me well, then you know I'm not a big fan of the sun. I live for winter and snow and cloudy days and thunderstorms! Our high on Wednesday is to be 101!
As I'm typing this, I'm also keeping one eye on the floor near my feet. A teeny tiny gecko is on the run, and I'd really like to catch and release him before I head to bed!
We have two kids in casts right now. Another one is suffering from a terrible bed sore. Our girl that doesn't have arms is getting ready to take her first trip to The States to have prosthetics put on. My four students are making gigantic leaps forward in their school work, and their next grade level of books will be on its way to us shortly. They're all spending each spare moment outside on their bikes (we have some amazing custom-built bicycles for our wheelchair-bound kids)!
This new browser is a good amount slower than I'd like, so I haven't been very ambitious with the multitude of photos Mom and I have to share. That will be a good project for me in the coming weeks as I'm hiding from the sun.
Once again, I can't thank you enough for the care and kindness you show me. I'm at the halfway-hump of the year, and without your love and His love, I know I wouldn't be able to push on. Love you!
