Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Double Trouble

Just a quick update to ask for your thoughts.

I don't want to post too much information so here's a very very short version of the story. After arriving here in GuangZhou and meeting with officials, it became apparent that fraudulant documents were submitted with my visa paperwork. I've undergone two days of questioning now and they still will not release my passport back to me. They have assured me they understand that this is not my fault, but that I must still remain here until their investigation is finished. There are three other boys here with me who are in the same situation - we just met yet have experienced two days of incredible stress together!

The good news is that an American friend of mine from Beijing is flying down tomorrow morning to be with me. This is a HUGE relief in that I will no longer be here in this unfamiliar city alone. We have no idea how long this will drag on, nor what the outcome might be. It could be as serious as me being sent home and not being allowed to return to China.

Of course I had no idea I would be away for this long, so I only packed two pairs of underwear, but three rolls of toilet paper. This should tell you something! I just finished washing some items in the sink with hand soap, so let's hope it's dry by morning!

I'll keep you updated as I have online access. I appreciate you!